Dr. Thomas Kuriakose
Senior Consultant & Director of Academics
· MBBS & DO from CMC Vellore. Best outgoing DO trainee.
· DNB, National Board of Examinations New Delhi
· FRCSEd, Edinburgh UK.
· Three year specialist training in Princess Alexandra Eye Pavilion, Edinburgh UK
· Sub-specialty training at PAEP, Edinburgh, UK and CMC Vellore.
Clinical and Teaching Experience:
· Over 25 year experience as an Ophthalmologist, with special interest in General Ophthalmology, Cataracts and Vitreo-retinal surgery.
· Ex Professor of Ophthalmology and Head of Department CMC Vellore.
· Worked as Consultant Ophthalmologist in UK .
· Involved in training Medical students, Optometrist, Nurses and Ophthalmology postgraduates for over 25 years.
· Involved in organizing and participating in out-reach programme (camps) for Ophthalmology.
· Post Graduate examiner for various Indian universities, University of Malaysia, and Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK.
· Done many thousand cataract surgeries and vitreo-retinal surgical procedures; besides doing other surgeries of the eye and adnexa.
· Experienced in doing Optic Nerve sheath fenestrations.
· Has over 40 publications in peer reviewed journals with published articles quoted in Ophthalmology text book like Alebert & Jakobiec’s principles and practice of Ophthalmology.
· Two chapters in text books.
· Author of the book “Clinical Insights and Examination Techniques in Ophthalmology” published by Springer.
· Presented papers in National and International conferences.